Kitakami Photoblog

Daily photos from Kitakami, a small town in Northern Japan, and its surroundings.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We are leaving Japan...

... next week already, because of a surprising and exciting, but very short-term job offer back in Germany.
I will miss Japan terribly, for lots of reasons, like for afternoons like the one when I took the photo above: We spent it with friends in their big garden, which included also a lotus pond.
The preparations for the moving started very smoothly two weeks ago, only the packing was left to be done, but then I had tonsillitis for one week, without being able to do anything than staying in bed, now our son has tonsillitis as well ... I wonder how we'll manage to be ready in five days!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss you and your blog. I wish our time here in Kitakami had overlapped a little longer!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Around the World said...

good luck with the new job

at least you'll be able to look back at all the pics on your blog and remind yourself.

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you can start a blog in Germany. It will be a big change for you - between Japan and Germany - like day and night.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Julia won't mind if I post this here. Although this blog is coming to an end, my wife and I recently started our own Kitakami blog, Let's Sharing. Who knows? It may even become a daily photo blog!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Abraham. If you can, please start a blog on Germany. We'll keep an eye out.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Julia just read your blog today. We moved Japan from Germany. Its funny.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home